Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register my child for the
- Registration is easy! Click here to fill
out a registration form and one of our staff members will contact you with more information.
- What are the age limits for children participating in the youth
- To participate, the youth hunter must be at least 6 and no older than 16 on the season opening day;
however, there is no minimum age for resident landowner youth hunting on their own property and for
lessee youth hunting on leased land they live on.
- Who can participate in the youth
- ALL children that meet the age requirements set forth by the TWRA for the youth portion, no
matter their race, ethnicity, gender, physical ability, or level of hunting experience. We are
dedicated to getting all children into the outdoors. We will find a way for any child that wishes to
participate. This includes the availability of several wheelchair accessible blinds.
- I’m not from your area, how will I find a place to take my child
- Our friends and neighbors have been generous enough to provide the use of thousands of acres of
prime gobbler country for anyone who doesn’t have their own access or who may be from out of state. We
will also pair you with an experienced guide for the weekend. All at no cost.
- How is the money raised at the events used?
- Kids Hunting for a Cure is a non-profit organization set up to donate its proceeds to Children
Hospitals and to local research hospitals and foundations, upon approval of the Board of Directors.
Monies are used to support the development of cures for cancer and childhood diseases.
- This sounds great, how can I be more
- We are always looking for volunteers at the events, guides, cameramen, entertainers, “celebrity”
appearances, and most importantly sponsors. If you would like to help out click here to fill out a
volunteer form, or contact us through email or phone. KHFAC also encourages interested groups to
contact us about putting on your own event in your community. All ideas are welcome. Click here to fill out a contact us form. Or you can let us know and we
will put you in touch with someon.